General - Your Text Data
- We very much respect your privacy.
- If you didn’t opt in for cloud storage (if you didn’t sign-in, then you didn’t) - then all your text doesn’t even leav your device. We don’t upload it to anywhere, we don’t have access to it.
- If you did sign in, and chose to cloud-sync your text, then it is being stored on Google’s Firebase database service, following their best practices to secure your data privately. No other users can access your data.
Our Developers & Team Regulations (Only relevant if you signed in and use cloud sync)
Only our most trusted developers have access to our databases. As of October 2018 there are only 2 people with such access, and it is not expected to grow much more any time soon.
Even the most trusted developers are instructed by our regulations:
- - Not to view user’s texts without a specific need for development purpose or without user’s consent.
- - To further protect your privacy from mistakes, all your texts are stored in such a matter that they do not contain your name or email, but only your semi anonymous user id.
- - Users’ private data will never be published outside our protected databases, should never be sent to anyone that is not the authorized developers, should never be used for anything other than user support or development.
We use Google’s servers both for the logic and for saving the data. We do our best to follow Google’s guidelines for securing your private data, but, we cannot insure against data leaks or theft by either a technical mistake by us or by malicious attacks on our servers in form of hacking or unintended use or other.
We do our best to follow best security practices to protect our servers and your data, but, we cannot insure against data leaks or theft by either a technical mistake by us or by malicious attacks on our servers in form of hacking or unintended use or other. To minimize the risk in all cases - we do not gather or keep any information that we do not explicitly need for the app to operate or for collecting general analytics. We do serve targeted ads - only by Google - so they might collect their own data according to Google’s policies.
Web Specific (in addition to the General clause)
- We use your local storage to save your latest data from session to session, so it won’t get lost when you leave the website.
- We use targeted advertising by Google.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Android App Specific (in addition to the General clause)
- We use AdMob by Google for targeted ads. Admob uses your Android Ads ID.
Product is as-is, licensed for usage - not sold, no warranty of any kind, you cannot sue us for anything, use it at your own risk. For commercial terms, and legal copyrights see our legal posts.