May 10, 2017
(Updated on Dec. 6th, 2017)
NEW: TTSReader Now Has a Built-In Audio Recording
This feature is only available on Chrome, for Windows and ChromeOs, and requires the TTSReader Premium Token extension, which can be acquired on the Chrome store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ttsreader-premium-token/ednjnllbonbpinfgoonegkanhgieddlj
To record the generated Speech follow these steps:
- Install the Premium-token, make sure it is enabled and refresh ttsreader.com so it recognizes the change (only the first time after installing token).
- Click the record button.
- Screen-capture-permission window will open. (We only capture audio - but the permission is the same.)
- Make sure the ‘Capture Audio’ checkbox is checked and approve.
- Click Play so ttsreader will start reading the text.
- Click Pause when done. Note that recording is limited to 10 minutes.
- Click this button again to stop recording and download audio file in webm format.
- If you need - you can easily convert the webm file to any desired audio format such as mp3 or wav using one of widely available online audio converters.